Does anyone have any success stories after addiction treatment?

Home Forums Trending Does anyone have any success stories after addiction treatment?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  aaronjohne 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

aaronjohne
    Participant

Hi! my name is Aaron. I am here to share my story hoping that it would inspire those who read it. I was an alcoholic for the past 10 years. I thought alcohol was the solution for my endless list of problems. My parents were divorced when I was only 10. I don’t know what caused them to end up like this. My dad remarried after a year. My mom was heartbroken when he remarried and she committed suicide. As a small kid, it was more than enough for me to bear. After my mom’s death, I was looked after by my aunt. She never loved me. I struggled a lot there and I didn’t have a happy childhood. There was no one to love and care me and I grew up very depressed and hating my life. I first tasted alcohol when I was 15 years old during a party. I enjoyed the taste of it and continued to drink it. I started going to parties very often. And my partying got harder and very soon I became an addict to alcohol. A few months back, I met a girl and I got a crush on her in the first sight itself. After a few days, I proposed her. She accepted my proposal. She is very cute, loving and caring. She knew that I was addicted to alcohol. So she asked me to stop my drinking. I loved her very much that I tried to quit my drinking, but I couldn’t stop. My hands were shaking uncontrollably when I didn’t have the drink for few hours. I told this to my girl and she suggested undergoing an addiction treatment program in Vancouver. I attended the program and the treatment was successfully completed. After the treatment, I have never tasted the drink anymore. Does anyone have any success stories after addiction treatment? Please share!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.