Need help to prepare an article on Cataract!!

Home Forums Trending Need help to prepare an article on Cataract!!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  marilynben 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

marilynben
    Participant

Hey! I am a Ph.D. student, researching on eye disorders. I am planning to prepare an article on cataract and secondary cataract, their symptoms, causes, and treatments. As we all know, cataract is a clouding of the lens in the eye which leads to decrease in the vision. Most cataracts develop slowly and sometimes patients will be unaware of the vision loss. Eventually, the cataract grows larger and may lead to more noticeable symptoms. The signs and symptoms may include clouded, blurred or dim vision, increasing difficulty with vision at night, sensitivity to light and glare, need for brighter light for reading and other activities, seeing “”halos”” around lights, frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription, fading or yellowing of colors and double vision in a single eye. If a patient shows any of the above symptoms, surgery is performed to remove the cloudy lens and an artificial intraocular lens implant is inserted to restore lens’s transparency. When I started research only I came to know about secondary cataract. The secondary cataract is also known as Posterior Capsular Opacification (PCO). It is a condition in which the vision is reduced similarly to what the patient experienced prior to cataract surgery. PCO can occur at any time after the cataract surgery including a few weeks to months later. After cataract surgery, the outer cells of the old lens remain and grow on the capsule. This causes the capsule to become hazy or clouded, which results in blurred vision. A procedure called YAG laser treatment is used to remove the haziness and restore normal vision. It is a fast, painless and very effective treatment. I came to know that not all eye clinics provide YAG laser treatment. So I googled an found that a clinic in Toronto provides such treatment. Is there anyone here who had undergone a cataract surgery and also YAG laser surgery? If yes, please share your experience and also the details of the surgery, so that it will be more helpful for me to prepare the article. Thanking you in advance!

maryamkhan121
    Participant

You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! Brampton Party Bus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.